BHOPAL: The Madhya Pradesh government has extended the wheat procurement deadline from May 23 to May 28, Chief Minister Dr Mohan Yadav announced on Wednesday.
The extension will help farmers who booked slots at government procurement centres but could not sell their produce because of long queues. The Chief Minister said these farmers can now complete the process without difficulty.
In the state, a record procurement of more than 91 lakh metric tonnes of wheat from farmers has been completed so far. Keeping in mind the convenience of farmers, the wheat procurement period has been extended from May 23 to May 28, 2026. Wheat will be procured from all farmers… pic.twitter.com/0iT8qzkV20
— DNA (@dna) May 20, 2026
“The government is fully committed to the promises made to farmers and will procure every grain,” CM said.
Official figures show that the state is likely to break its previous wheat procurement record this year. Madhya Pradesh procured 7.5 million tonnes of wheat last year. This season, procurement has already crossed 9.1 million metric tonnes and may go beyond 10 million tonnes.
CM said Madhya Pradesh has become the country’s top wheat-procuring state this year.
He said the government faced challenges such as limited storage space, shortage of gunny bags, unseasonal rain and transportation issues. However, he added that the administration had made arrangements to continue procurement operations smoothly.
The Chief Minister also said the state government, under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, remains focused on the welfare of farmers, women, youth and economically weaker sections.



